Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mama's Cherry Pie








(think "Country")

I wanna tell y'all a little story about a recent family activity...

Yesterday we packed up our car real good and took a little road trip down to a real nice place called Berry Patch Farms. Them people who run that there farm, they're real good people.

You know what them farmers asked us when we done got there? They asked us if we was interested in doin' some cherry pickin'. Cherry pickin'? We ain't never done no cherry pickin'. But we all looked at each other real hard and then we said "What the heck. Let's go and do us some cherry pickin'!"

And you know what? We got us some real nice cherries. And I done turned those cherries into a real nice cherry pie. I ain't never made no pie before.

And you know what else? That cherry pie was dee-licious. The chilluns liked it, their daddy liked it, I sure liked it, and even them doggies liked it. It was real good.

We had so much fun doin' that there cherry pickin, I went and wrote me up a little diddie all about it. I sure hope you enjoy...

Ruthie went a pickin' and she did fine, uh huh.
Ruthie went a pickin' and she did fine, uh huh.
Ruthie went a pickin' and she did fine,
She picked lots of cherries for the cherry pie.
Ruthie went a pickin' and she did fine, uh huh.


2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Barb said...

Hi Ruthie and Gabe,

So you done went cherry pickin', huh? You're mommy did that too when she was just a young'un. You come from a cherry lovin' family, I tell you. In fact, your Grandpa Henry took those nice sour cherries and made Romanian "moonshine." But that's another story for when you get older.

Now, next time I get to Denver, I hope you'll have one of those beautiful cherry pies for Grandma - they are my favorite, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!Yum!

Y'all be good now, ya hear!!

Love and kisses from your Grandma who misses you so much