Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Day


This was a good Thanksgiving. This was my first year not traveling or spending it with family and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. Not that I don't enjoy the family get-togethers, but it was so nice not having to deal with the craziness of Thanksgiving travel. I know you know what I'm talking about- the "busiest travel days of the year"- which directly translates into long ticket lines, extra-long and extra-slow security lines, delays, cancellations, cranky people, etc.... And, of course, you add to that traveling with a child... nope! I was totally satisfied staying home in Denver.

Not that we spent the day in our house eating take-out. We spent the afternoon and evening with four of our good friends and had a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving meal.

As far as Ruthie goes, this was her first Thanksgiving with a mouthful of teeth, and she definitely took advantage of that! She DEVOURED the turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the sweet potatoes, the green bean casserole, the bread, and any other main course dishes that I might be forgetting. She didn't say "no" to anything and she just kept on eating and eating. Just when I thought for sure she'd explode, she would take another bite of something. Don't forget that that was just the main course! Prior to that she munched on crackers as appetizers and, during dessert, she worked her way around the room getting multiple bites of pies from everyone! It's very possible that at 19 months, Ruthie ate more Thanksgiving food than anyone else in the room.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Ruthie Roo - You shouldn't have to eat for at least a week!!! I love you, little one - I missed having Thanksgiving with you this year.

Lots of hugs and kisses,

Grandma