Friday, October 5, 2007

Body Language

At 18 months, Ruthie's ability to learn and acquire language and skills is developing at the rate of about, oh, say, the speed of light. Her ability to understand and follow directions is pretty phenomenal. You ask her to bring you something, she brings it. You ask her not to do something, she stops doing it. Last week, I had her on my bed and she kept saying "shoes." I put her on the floor and she immediately went over to her room and brought me a pair of shoes. I asked her if she could get some socks to go with her shoes. What does Ruthie do? She goes back to her room, walks over to the dresser with her socks, opens the correct drawer, and brings me back a pair of socks. Now, maybe out there in the rest of the world, this is normal for an 18 month old but, since I have no idea, it seems pretty phenomenal to me!

The following video unveils some more of Ruthie's recently acquired knowledge specifically regarding body language. I realize that the term "body language" may cause you to question the nature of this video, but I assure you that the title is quite befitting and the video is in good taste.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Hi Miss Ruthie,

What a smart little girl you are!! I love your video.

Only 24 more days and Grandma will be out to Denver to take care of you.

Love and hugs and kisses,

Grandma